Tuesday 14 March 2017

What's YOUR reason?

I'm often asked why I started this blog. Until I started writing daily I didn't really understand why people ask that question. They ask it because they don't understand why. To most people, you get up, take the children to school, go to work, pick the children up, go home, have dinner, watch TV and then go to bed. That's perfectly fine but when someone does something outside of that, people get confused.

"Why are they doing that?"

"That isn't normal behaviour." (In their world anyway.)

Back to the question, why did I start writing this blog?

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have the official reason and there is the real reason. I'm willing to bet with most of you with your decisions there is the official reason and the real reason too.


"Why do you want to go to grad school overseas?"

The official reason is probably something like, "Well, I really want to further my career and I believe getting an MBA in the States will help me accomplish my goals." Sounds good right?

The real reason is probably something like, "I have a (secret) boyfriend (or girlfriend) in San Francisco and I want to be closer to them so going to business school seems to be the right way to go about it."


"Why do you change your Facebook profile photo so often?"

The official reason might be "I use my Facebook account to help with my business so I like to change my photo so it shows my potential clients that my business is growing and that will encourage them to do business with me."

The real reason is probably "I like getting likes when I change my photo. It boosts my ego." (I am not ashamed to say that I think like that sometimes.)

Don't be ashamed about what you real reason is.

"Yeah, I'm working out because I want to feel healthy and fit."

OR

"I want to look good naked."

Don't be ashamed because it is the reason that motivates you. It is the reason that gets you up in the morning. It's your reason and nobody else's. Who cares what they think if you don't give them a reason that they don't typically hear?

It's your reason.

Finally, Why did I start this blog?

The official reason is that it is something that I always wanted to do and I thought that it would be a good way to get my thoughts and opinions out.

And the real reason? You are going to have to ask me directly. OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment