Saturday 11 March 2017

My three best teachers

Name the three best teachers in your life.

No, I'm not talking about Miss Butler in Standard One (3rd Grade, Year 3). I'm talking about the following three:


  • Failures
  • Empty Pockets
  • Heartbreaks 
All of these have happened to me and they have taught me a lot. Do you know what the biggest thing I learned from them? 

The biggest thing I learned is that they were all my fault. 

When I failed, it was my fault.

When I had empty pockets, it was my fault.

When I had my heart broken, it was my fault.

I learned that I can't blame anyone else for those three things. There were things that I did that precipitated those three things. 

You can't blame anyone else and as soon as you accept that fact then you can go about rebuilding your life with the lessons you have learnt from your failures, from your empty pockets and from your heartbreaks. 

They say that only a fool doesn't learn from his or her mistakes. 

Failures


I have learned that you need to learn from those mistakes and make sure that you don't commit them again. I have learned that is is OK to try some things that you are not 100% confident about because you will learn more than if you didn't try them at all. 


Empty Pockets

I have learned that you need to keep on the top of your cashflow. I have also learned that it isn't the end of the world, you can still survive if you know that you will get paid in the next few days. I have also learned that you shouldn't get comfortable with it because as soon as that happens you don't try to improve your situation and that is a disaster waiting to happen.


Heartbreaks


I have learned that you shouldn't push the situation. You should let things happen naturally. I have also learned the following:

"Treat her like you're still trying to win her and that's how you'll never lose her."

In other words, the courting never ends. I've never done a survey on this but I am willing to bet that the relationships that have stood the test of time are the ones where they are still dating each other on a consistent basis. 


There you have it. The three best teachers in life and by the way, if you have never had failures and if you have never had empty pockets and if you have never had heartbreaks then in my opinion, you have never lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment