Tuesday 26 July 2016

The Daily RBL Month Number Two

I'm continuing my series of what I have learned so far from writing this daily blog.

I think the first set of things is one that we all know but very few actually follow through consistently and do and I'm one of the main culprits.

1. Wake up early - I've always known this but it can be quite difficult, especially in the middle of the winter.

2. Drink a lot of water - I tend to anyway so this isn't a bigger for me but I find that in the winter that you do spend a lot of time using the local "facilities." That can be quite distracting and affect your productivity.

3. Exercise - Do I need to say anymore

4. Eat breakfast - I'm not a big breakfast eater but when I do I make it count.

5. Meditate - You do feel better

6. Read - My friend and I have been doing Golden Hour for about six years. This is where you read for an hour or so. He and I have modified it by sending summaries to each other. You can learn quite a bit from the other person's reading.

7. Journal - This is just a new one for me. It can be quite therapeutic wiring your thoughts down.


One of the best paragraphs I have read is the following:

If you know what you want and want it enough then don't give up. Go after it because you can't lose and the people who doubt you and criticise you will suddenly be on your side.

At the start of this whole process I didn't really know what I wanted but due to consistent effort I have an idea and this idea keeps me going with the daily blog. I'm sure that there were some people when I first told them that I was blogging everyday who were skeptical but the more you do and the more persistent you are, you start to be asked if you have written anything today and what's the topic.

We were also introduced to the ambivert which I am trying to develop as the theme of this blog. Most of you will know that an ambivert is in the middle of the introvert and extrovert. They are happy being in solitude or they are just as happy being at a party or two.

We were also introduced to the situation extrovert who is most of the time introverted but for the situation will suddenly become the centre of attention.

I challenged myself to start a conversation with a stranger. I challenged myself to do that once a day but unfortunately the challenge died a natural death. You really have to schedule these kinds of things to make sure they get done but when you are on the move all day, life gets in the way and you forget about these things. It can also be quite nerve-wracking which means that you and I tend to go back into our respective holes. So if the challenge defeated you like it did me, don't forget about it. Put it in the memory bank and give it a go another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment