Monday 17 July 2017

INTROVERTS AND CHANGE

If you classify yourself as an introvert then you may struggle with change. You may not like to adjust to new things.

Introverts, generally, like routine, they like sameness and they find it (change) very, very difficult to deal with.

I know from personal experience that change can be very stressful for me and I have had times in my life where I have not exactly covered myself in glory by accepting the change.

So, what can you and I do to accept change and see it as the good thing that it is?

1. Find the good thing in the change and really concentrate on the positives. When we concentrate on the positives we look forward into the future and rather than moping around feeling sorry for ourselves we are looking at the positives and thinking about all the good, no I mean great things that are going to come with this change.

2. Set goals. So, something has changed, that's too bad, but if you sit down and have a think about it, you might be able to get something good out of it, so see what this change is going to do for your future.

One mistake I made in one of my goals was that I didn't set a date for when I want these goals to materialise. Always set a date and work your tail off to try and accomplish it.

I have had one big change in my life recently, something that I didn't really want to happen because things were going along quite well. I made a decision however, that I will use this change to go on to bigger and better things and I have set a date for it.

3. Realise that you have to face change at many times in your life and you just have to accept it and just like a swimming pool if you slowly get into the pool then it is not going to be very comfortable but if you just jump in and make a big splash then you find that it isn't that bad and you get used to the change (and the temperature of the pool) quicker.


Change is all around us. Change is inevitable. We don't want to do it but we are going to have to at some stage so you might as well make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment