Tuesday 18 July 2017

6 pieces of good advice from Instagram

I would like to share some interesting things that I have seen on Instagram in the last year or so. These are not so much photos of celebrities in foreign locations but of some interesting quotes and pieces of advice that you can use in your life.

I have linked the quotes to the original posts on Instagram so that you know where they came from.

1. When people ask "what do you do?" Tell them "whatever it takes."

I agree with this one to a point. Whatever it takes under the law. You don't want to to go shooting someone to prove a point or get what you want because you are going to open another can of worms.



2. My goal is to build a life and career where I'm not constantly waiting for the weekend. I don't want to live that way, where I hate five days of the week because I hate my life and job so much that the only relief I get is Saturday and Sunday. I want to enjoy my life and not wish it away every week. I want each day to matter to me, in some way, even some small way. I want to live my life, all of it, not just my life on the weekend.

Why suffer five days for two days of freedom? It just doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense at all. When I tell people that I spent my Sunday working on my blog or other things, that don't really understand. They think that I should be out and about, playing in the sun (which I do) or watching or playing sport (which I do) or drinking heavily with mates (which I do). I like all of those things but in moderation, there are other things in my life which are more important and I like to use that time to improve myself.


3. If everyone likes you, you have a serious problem.

Even writing this I feel really bad thinking about it. However, as they say, you cant please everyone and somebody is going to take issue with you. You cant let it get to you and you should move on. I have noticed recently that someone I see on a semi-regular basis is being a bit standoffish with me. I don't know what I said but I suppose at the end of the day that is his problem and his business, not mine.


4. Don't chase people, be an example. Attract them. Work hard and be yourself. The People who belong in your life will come find you and say. Just do your thing.

All I can say about this one is "Yep." Do your thing, don't worry about other people. They have problems, you have problems, you need to look after yourself.


5. It's better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.

This is one of the most difficult things to do in the human race. At the beginning of time if you weren't in a group you might get eaten be a sabertooth tiger.

Fortunately in 2017, those predators are not wandering around our cities or though you could argue that there are some people who are like that. Going off on your own really does attract people who will try to bring you into their group. They will criticise you, they will make fun of you, they may even be kind of nasty, but if you have a vision, go for it. Don't worry what they say.




6. I just want to work hard, make money, eat with good people and love the same woman over and over again.

I can't argue with that one or add anything else to it. It sums it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment