Sunday 7 August 2016

To finish something you need to start somewhere.

The cat sat on the mat. Yep, this blog has come to this. I was sitting in front of my computer this morning trying to think what I should write. It is incredibly hard coming up with things to write about day after day. God knows how people who have been doing this kind of thing for years and years do it.

What I have found in the last few months is that just starting to do something gets the thoughts flowing and you come up with ideas as you go along. I have found that some of my better posts have started with one sentence which I have written down and then the ideas come to me and I have to force myself to finish the post because if I don't I could still be writing today.

The cat sat on the mat may sound simplistic and not make much sense but by writing this down you are starting something that has the potential to become something spectacular.

What is that Chinese proverb?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

The cat sat on the mat is that single step.

No comments:

Post a Comment