Thursday 4 August 2016

A*M*B*I*V*E*R*T*S - We are the coolest.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Have you ever been asked this question before? I think maybe more and more this question has been asked around the world.

I must admit that it should be pretty easy to figure out with most people but not necessarily when it comes to ambiverts because for them it swings both ways. Below is a simple representation of the introvert/extrovert spectrum:

                                     
                       

You can see from this that an ambivert is hard to pinpoint.

An ambivert can work efficiently in a group setting or by him or herself. An ambivert doesn't mind going to that party but may want to go before all the extroverts start to warm up and bring out the karaoke.

I know that I like to be centre of attention, delivering a funny speech or presentation and getting a lot of laughs. I must admit that you get a lot of self-confidence from that but you don't want to be in front of everyone all night. Maybe just a few minutes. If you are anything like me, after being the centre of attention it can be tiring because you have taken yourself out of your comfort zone a little and that can be difficult. So you need a rest.

I tell you one thing that you can distinguish an ambivert from and I know this from experience, some people will think that you are quiet and others will think that you are the life and soul of the party. For me this always depends on my first impression of the other person as well as their body language and the way they talk. Sometimes I will be standoffish and it might take a few times before I feel totally comfortable being in their company while other people I can tell straight away that I can be myself and I wont be judged or even worse, ignored while talking with them.

An extrovert needs to be on the move all the time. That is how they energise. I remember seeing on Facebook one Friday afternoon an extroverted woman's plan for the weekend. She wanted everyone to know about it and then she hoped that other people would join her on her adventures. I remember the post, it was very detailed and it looked like she was packing a lot in to the weekend.

An ambivert needs to move around too because too much alone time can be boring. As I am writing this I've realised that I have spent the afternoon by myself and I'm getting a little bored and I'm looking forward to getting out and about in an hour or so.

There you go, more information about ambiverts. Can you relate to any of these? I'm sure that you all have had experiences like this. Just remember, it is nothing to be ashamed of if you don't want to go out tonight or on Friday night, that's perfectly fine. You should listen to yourself and to your body as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment