Saturday 20 August 2016

Should you date an extrovert or an introvert? It doesn't matter as long as you know what energises them.

If an introvert is energised by being alone or maybe with one other close friend and an extrovert is energised by being with a large number of people and an ambivert is somewhere in the middle of the two how does this relate to relationships?

I'm one with the theory that opposites attract. I believe that an introverted person and an extroverted person are a good match in a yin and yang way. They complement each other's strengths and weaknesses.

I've only figured this out in the last few years. Of course it would have been nice to know this information earlier in my life but they say that the information comes only when the receiver is ready for it and I obviously wasn't ready for it at that time.

One of my first girlfriends was very nice but she was very introverted and I can tell you that it was very hard work.

I have quite a large family and I have never had a problem in that situation. Probably because of the uchibenkei theory that I wrote about here. Uchibenkei is a person who is not so social outside the house and very social inside the house. Anyway my girlfriend at that time was not comfortable at all. It even brought her to tears on a couple of occasions.

Another women I was seeing actually walked away from me and when I think about it I got it all wrong. I thought that she was an introvert but in hindsight she was probably more in the ambivert to the extrovert side of the spectrum whereas I treated her like an introvert which is not going to go down too well. Extroverts need that social almost party like atmosphere from time to time and dinner and drinks with me, although fun, probably didn't work with her all the time.

I wish that I could see both of these women and apologise to both of them for putting them in situations that they obviously were not too comfortable with.

If you are reading this and you know who you are, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being an insensitive jerk and I wish that I can make it up to you sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment