Friday 28 October 2016

Persistence, Consistency, Relentlessness. Is this the secret?

Today, I would like to make two points. One point continues on about being unconventional and the other is about not underestimating that quieter person.

In this post I talked about how being unconventional is actually a good thing. In a society where being unconventional doesn't seem to be the done thing it can almost be seen as a negative concept when actually it is far from that.

At the same time, I was also called relentless. That statement about me was prefaced by the fact that once I get on a roll I can be relentless. To me this sounds like quite a negative very much like unconventional was when I first saw it. In this case I would prefer to use the words:

PERSISTENT

or

CONSISTENT

If you do things consistently with persistence whether you want to do them or not then you have no option but to succeed in what you are trying to do.

My friend mentioned that once I get on a roll that I can be relentless. That does sound positive doesn't it and it is but now it is time to build consistency into this equation where you are doing what you need to do whether you like it or not everyday for years and years until it gets to the stage where you have other people doing that work or you have so much that you make the decision whether you want to continue doing it or not.

Persistency, consistency, relentlessness whatever you call it, do what you need to do, not what you want to and then you will have all the time to do what you want to do. It sounds simple doesn't it?


The second thing I want to talk about is to never underestimate an introvert. They might be quiet, they might not say very much but when they do open their mouth you better listen because you should that that person has been thinking about it for quite some time.

Just because someone doesn't say much, it doesn't make them any less intelligent. In fact they may be more intelligent because they have chosen to listen rather than speak and as a lot of people say, you learn more by listening than by talking.

When you have someone quiet in the room, don't think that they are being passive because before you know it you can be made to look very stupid very quickly.

Underestimate an introvert at your peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment