We continue my commentary on this meme. http://www.memes.com/img/227011
You can see Part 1 here. You can also see Part 2 here.
30 problems that only introverts can understand.
19. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesn't think you hate them.
OK. I'm not really sure that I get this one. I suppose you are as it says friendly and outgoing rather than play it cool around a man or a woman that you find attractive. That is my best guess anyway.
20. When you're asked to do a group project, and know that you're going to hate every minute of it.
Yes, I can relate to this. Sometimes you have to go along with the group and you have to go among with the whim of the strongest person in the group who won't show his or her hand straight away but after listening to everyone not make a good job of the beginning they will just take over and sometimes it can be great and other times it can be a disaster because he or she doesn't want to listen to anyone else and they are away
21. When you hear the question "Wanna hang out?" and your plans start to sweat with anxiety.
This is difficult especially if he or she is a close friend and you do want to hang out but just not today as you promised yourself that you will have an alone night. Of course if your friend is truly your friend then he or she will accept that you want to spend some time alone and let you be and maybe you can do it another night or day.
22. When you hear, "Are you OK?" or "Why are you so quiet?" for the umpteenth time.
This can be quite annoying for an introvert because they are just being themselves but the more social people around us are thinking that because they are not climbing the walls and shouting then they must be sick. Let me repeat, we are just being ourselves and just because we are not conforming to a standard that you believe in, it doesn't make sick or weird.
23. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
It can be a nightmare or it can be a lot of fun. It depends on what mindset you go with. I have a friend who had come to stay with me on a number of occasions and it is a lot of fun. Sure I don't get enough sleep and I might be forced to step out of my comfort zone from time to time but it can be unforgettable and you might even learn something about yourself and create something that might affect the rest of your life.
24. When people stop inviting you places because you're the one that keeps cancelling plans.
If it is a legitimate reason then go ahead and cancel but if you made plans quite a few days before then try to commit to those plans. Don't just say yes because you are sure that that is what your friend wants to hear. If you don't think you want to, say it there and the and avoid everyone a hassle.
25. Being horrified of small talk, but enjoying deep discussions.
Small talk can be boring but I must admit that it is necessary on occasions because you want to find out about the other person. Here is a tip though: rather than asking "What do you do?" You could ask this question instead, "How do you spend your time?" This means that they don't have to say anything about their job. They can talk about their hobbies passions. That will really get going, believe me.
26. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socialising for too long.
This is non-negotiable. That's it. Non-negotiable.
27. The requirement to think introspectively rather than go to someone else with your problems.
You have to pick your times when you go to someone else for advice or you sort it out yourself. Someone can give you a valuable piece of advice that you haven't thought about but then again you can always trust your own gut instinct and on a lot of occasions that gut instinct of yours is right.
28. Not wanting to be alone, just wanting to be left alone and people not understanding that.
This is a big one. I don't want to be anti-social I just want to be at that time and place by myself. Sure I want to go out for a beer at a later time it is just that now I don't want to. Please understand this and don't take offence. We are not trying to offend you, we are only trying to recharge so that we can have fun next time.
29. When people mistake your thoughtful look for being shy, or worse, moody.
It get this all the time. I'm just thinking about things and trying to work it all out and like most people with thoughts that doesn't involve you.
30. That people need to know that you aren't mad, depressed or anti-social. You just need to not talk to anyone for a while. And that's ok.
All I can say about this is amen. Amen brother. Amen!.