Friday 9 September 2016

Tony Robbins' Human Needs: Growth

In life we are either growing or dying. We all need something to strive for, to try to attain. We need to feel that we are growing emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.

If the first four needs are physical or personal needs, the last two are spiritual needs.

We, as human beings are by nature wanting to learn. When we stop learning, we stagnate and guess what, we die. (That sounds pretty morbid right?)


How do people get that need satisfied?

Some people get it by working out. I go to a Crossfit gym. This week I will go five times and although it is hard work and I sweat bucket loads it is fun and I feel a sense of achievement and I can see my body grow into a different shape. It is very satisfying.


Other people get their growth need satisfied by reading books. My friend and I have this system where we read for one hour or so a day and then summarise what we have read and send it to the other person for them to comment on and send it back. I must admit since starting this blog I haven't kept up to date as much as I should but it is very useful habit and at the very least you have something to talk about at the next party.

People may get the need of growth by helping people.

Of course on the other side of the spectrum people will use the need for growth for negative things.

People may use manipulation to get people to do something and when they are discovered, when they are seen right through, you have a problem.

Terrorists may use the knowledge that they have learned for evil purposes.

We all need something to strive for. We all need something that will challenge us to get to the next level. I challenged myself five months ago and this blog is the result. Now I have to challenge myself again to take this blog to the next level.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment