Monday 26 September 2016

A couple of quotes for introverts

Here is a good quote I came across the other day. I'll write it out for you:

"I'm not open to many people. I'm usually quiet and I don't really like attention. So if I like you enough to show you the real me, you must be very special."

This have a look at this quote point by point.

1. I'm not open to many people. This is true in my case. I only have a few friends but I would do anything for these people and I'm sure they would do anything for me. We banter with each other and give each other shit but at the end of the day there is mutual respect.

2. I'm usually quiet and I don't really like attention. This is an interesting one for me personally. Yes I can be quiet but I do like the attention from time to time although today at my gym I was talked about in front of the whole class on two or three occasions. I must admit that it was a little bit uncomfortable for me at that time although it wasn't a deal breaker and I did go along with it but I would rather it didn't happen.

3. If I like you enough to show you the real me, you must be very special. Yes, yes, yes. As you have probably guessed by now I agree with this one. If I like someone and most importantly I trust someone then I'm going to confide in them things that I'm not going to tell everyone. I think that special is the perfect word because yes you are special and I will treat you as such. 


The second quote for today is this one. I'll write it out for you:

When you ask what I am doing today, and I say "nothing" It does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing. 

This is one that I have had problems in the past and I wish that I and the knowledge that I have now then because people will ask that what are you doing and then expect that it is an open invitation to ask you to do something. 

I prefer the idea that you ask "I am doing this, do you want to join me?" This makes it easier for the introvert. 

By the way, if you want to do nothing be strong and say no, I am doing nothing. Don't do as I did and and be weak and go along with the plan even if you didn't want to go. Be strong and you will be ready to go the next time you are asked ... or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment