Sunday 8 May 2016

RBL's progress

Have you ever seen the American comedy show Seinfeld? I must admit that I am not a great fan but there are a few episodes that stick out in my mind when I think of the show. The episode when they go to the Hamptons for the weekend or the episode where George Costanza tries to come up with the perfect comeback or the most famous of all arguably, The Soup Nazi.

As I said I am not a great fan of this show but I do know that basically the show is about nothing. A very amusing nothing but at the end of the day it is about nothing which is quite funny when you think about it. Anyway, I have up until this stage managed to post 35 times on this blog which is quite good if I do say so myself. I don't really have a theme as such so you could say that my blog is about nothing also. I'm sure as it develops that a theme will present itself. I am writing this for myself and I am told that is what you are supposed to do with blogs.

I am not even 10% into my goal but I have learned some things. What are they? Have a look below:

1. It takes a while to create a habit.

We all know that to create a habit it takes three weeks or so and in some cases it takes longer. This is certainly become a habit for me and yesterday when I was looking at my calendar for next week I was looking at times when I can do these blog posts. (Just so that you know, there are going to be a few early mornings this week.)

2. You don't have to write a novel for every post.

You don't have to write a novel for every post. As long as you a get out what you are trying to say then does it have to be 3000 words? Not at all. You can say what you want in 100 words.

3. The more you practice, the better you get.

One of my regular readers said to me in a private message that my writing is getting better and to that person I say thank you. I suppose like anything in life the more you do something the better you get at it.

4. It is really difficult to think of topics. 

This is really difficult. If you read my post a couple of days ago you would have seen that it took me nearly four hours to write something. It was ridiculous. I got complete writer's block. It is difficult to come up with something everyday but that is part of the challenge and I suppose it really stretches your brain. By the way, if there is anything you would like me to blog about please comment below. I would be happy to look at your request.

5. Habits help other parts of your life.

I've found that by creating this habit, I am also creating other habits which is pretty cool. I have to create time for this and then I start creating time for other things as well. Regular readers will know that I am following the Miracle Morning system from the book of the same name which is quite interesting. It means having to go to bed early which is OK unless you can't sleep. That makes things quite difficult.

There you have it. The Daily RBL is up and running and I look forward to the next 35 posts. I'm sure that there will be some posts that will be difficult and others that will be done in 10 minutes. That's daily blogging I suppose. I encourage you all to give it a go. You might learn a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment