Monday 23 May 2016

Alone or with friends?

Remember this link from yesterday? Well, we are onto number 2 now:

Generally, you're always happy to meet new people, but you're probably be uncomfortable if you have to do it without any of your existing friends with you.

This is an interesting one and like any ambivert it is very much case by case. For me I tend to prefer to meet new people by myself and I have no idea why. Maybe I think that I'm going to be compared to my friend who I am there with although one of my friends thinks that because he is around it makes me look better. Maybe he is right I'm not sure.

What I have been uncomfortable in the past is being the wingman. For those of you who are not familiar with this term, it is when two people are out and one  sees another person that they want to talk to and they are also with a friend so the wingman talks with the other friend while your friend talks to the other person. Clear as mud?

Don't get me wrong, I do like going out with my friends but sometimes it is uncomfortable for me talking to strangers like any introverted ambivert.

Hopefully I can get over this by talking to another stranger tomorrow. I've done it for the last couple of days and it is well worth it. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment