Monday 9 May 2016

Good Morning!

I would like to talk to you about the Miracle Morning and give you an update about how I'm going. It has only been a few days so I must admit that it isn't an ingrained habit yet but it has been an interesting exercise.

For those of you who don't know, recently I read the book that is pictured below:

It suggests that you start your day with a structured routine. To kick start your daily activities to get a head-start on the day. The author got up at 5am and did a few things that allowed him to get his life back on track.

The author, Hal Elrod introduced his system called SAVERS which is 6 things to do in the morning to really give you a lift.

I am following this system and so far so good. I must admit that I have missed the 5am wake up call a couple of times but only by a few minutes. So I would be starting at about 5.15am which isn't too bad if you think about it.

The six activities I am following are:

Meditation
Affirmations
Visualisation
Exercise
Reading
Journalling

I am thinking of bringing thinking time (or as it is popularly known as, TT) into my system. This will only add another 15 minutes or so to the daily routine.

What are the good things and the not so good things that I have found out about the Miracle Morning?

Lets start with the good things shall we:

1. It is allowing me to do things that I might not want to make time for during the day. The examples of these are the meditation, affirmations and visualisation. These can be hard work because you for all intents and purposes are just sitting there doing nothing which is quite difficult, believe me.

2. Journalling has become a daily habit. This is a chance to get all of your thoughts down on paper and it can be very therapeutic.

3. My pushups are becoming better. I have never been very good at pushups and to be honest  still struggle with them but I tag some on at the end of my exercising and they are getting better. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

4. I feel much more awake earlier in the morning and the earlier start allows me to get more done throughout the day and at some stages during the last two or three weeks I have got everything I need to be done my lunchtime when in the past I would have procrastinated until night time.

5. It doesn't feel like I am wasting a day because I'm getting up with a purpose, it only seems logical to get other things done as well. So most of the time I am out the door before 7. I feel very productive.

6. All of this only takes exactly one hour. It's amazing. I start at 5am and the latest I have finished is 6.02am. It isn't a big chunk out of your day and you get off to an amazing start.

As with anything there is always the downside. Lets see what I have learned:

1. You get tired earlier in the evening. I'm finding that by 8pm I am almost ready for bed. I'm finding that I don't get much done at night time because I am just resting and getting ready for my sleeping time.

2. As with anything when you want to make a change, you are always going to experience resistance from those around you. You just have to think of the bigger picture and if those people care about you and your wellbeing then they will be on your side before long.

3. Your social life might suffer. I went on a date the other day and it didn't go very well as I was half asleep towards the end. I think the woman thought that I was bored of her.

I would recommend anyone out there to follow a Miracle Morning type of system. It could turn your life around. Who knows? You wont know until you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment