Sunday 3 April 2016

Hanami

I first arrived in Japan on the 31st of March 1992. I remember it fondly because it was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. It was also and I didn't know at the time that it was Hanami season. Hanami for people who may not be familiar with the Japanese language is loosely translated as flower viewing but it is when the cherry blossoms bloom and people go crazy under the trees.

I'm sitting on the 37th floor now and I can see some patches of pink and it looks good.

What the cherry blossoms mean for me and I think for most people is a new start. The winter has gone. Warmer weather is on its way and you can think about new things and that is exactly what it is for me too.

I got a real kick in the guts about a month ago and it has affected me ever since. I just used the 1st of April as a time where I drew a line in the sand and thought no more.

I will get what I want come hell or high water.

So Hanami 2016 represents that for me. It is now my chance to to make the most of it. I hope I don't let myself down.

This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

https://doing-the-opposite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment