Monday 25 April 2016

ANZAC Day 2016 - Lest we forget

Dear Grandad, Dear Poppa

I thought that I would use this day to say hi and I hope that you are both doing well wherever you are.

Grandad, I wear your watch with pride. A couple of people this week have complimented me on it. That has made me very happy.

 I remember you sitting in your favourite chair watching That's Country. I never understood the attraction of that show but you seemed to really enjoy it.

Poppa, I never did (and still don't) share your fondness of grapefruit and gin but I still like watching rugby.

 I remember going with you to the Showgrounds on August 3rd, 1985 where Canterbury were very fortunate to draw with Manawatu 15-15. Even today, I'm so glad that I went with you to watch that game. I'll remember it for the rest of my life and not just because Manawatu drew with Canterbury.

Today I want to say thank you to both of you. You both left New Zealand shores when you were young. You both went to places that you had never been to before and probably never went to again. You went their for your country and for your family and because you believed in something. Because of you, both myself and your other grandchildren are able to live lives of freedom and opportunity. We take it for granted but we have both of you to thank for it.

Love Blair.


April 25th, 2016.




This blog was discontinued as of June 19th, 2018.

Please check my two new projects:

Also, my new daily blog which will begin from July 1st, 2018:

No comments:

Post a Comment