Friday 30 June 2017

What I learned by not having my phone - part 2

I read a book the other day. You know, the one made of paper and if you get it from a library then you might smell a hint of mildew.



I'm sure many of you millennials are saying:

"Why did you do that? That's not very cool. Don't you have a smartphone? You know you can read anything on your phone."

Well, and this is going to shock you, I didn't miss it at all. In fact I didn't really need. It was purely, and I suspect this is for most people, your phone is just for entertainment while you are going from one errand to another.

Am I correct?

Hands up who gets many phone calls these days. Not many, right? It is all texting and Facebook and if you are in Asia, Line or if you are in America, WhatsApp.

In fact I was talking to an acquaintance the other day and he was telling me that he went to a dinner with his boss and some of his colleagues who are the same age and he said that he sat next to a nice young lady. (He is single by the way.) My question was, "Did you get her Line I.D.?" Note that I didn't ask if she had given him her phone number. Not at all, that kind of question is way too much last century.

Why don't you leave your phone at home on one day?

You will find that you observe a lot more around you and you may even meet someone different. Not bad deal, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment