Friday 23 June 2017

"A girly drink please"

A few years ago I was out with a group and we were at a moderately priced izakaya. I had had a couple of beers and then I decided that I wanted something a little bit different, so I ordered a lime sour. One of the woman in the group mentioned that it was a bit girly to order a lime sour. I was shocked and stunned. How can ordering a lime sour be considered girly especially since I like to drink Mexican beer with lime in the bottle?

I was perplexed.

According to her, men should order beer (the darker the better) and strong 'man-like'drinks. WTF? What does that mean? Apparently if it is sweet, it is not very manly and men should avoid it.

We have some ridiculous "rules" in our society, don't we?

I must admit, I am partial to a good Moscow Mule. The best one I think I have ever had is below. I had this at the Bangalore Tea Room in Wellington, New Zealand. Is this a girly drink? I don't think so. Anything with a whole lime in it must be good in my book.


I came across this article the other day. The sexiest drinks for men to order. I read it with a great deal of interest.

Apparently, if you drink whiskey then you must be a man. But then someone says that if a guy drinks canned beer that's sexy.

At the end of the day, who knows?

I do like one of the comments though, if he orders it with confidence then it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you order as long as you enjoy it and that is what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment