Monday 12 June 2017

WHAT DID YOU DO ON THE WEEKEND?

What did you do on the weekend?

Does this question fill you with dread?

 Let me tell you what I did.

I woke up on Saturday morning, bright and early and went to the gym. Saturday's workout was deadlifting and then we did a pair workout:

24 minute AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)

32 Double Unders
16 Kettlebell Swings
12 Wallball Shots
8 Burpees
6 Pull Ups

and a partridge in a pear tree.

After that, I walked home, had a shower and then went to the library and wrote my post for that day and did some reading.

On Sunday, I relaxed at home in the morning, then I went to the library and wrote the post and did some more reading.

Does that sound exciting? To about 60% of you it probably sounds downright boring, right?

"You mean, you didn't go out and get hammered?"

"Why didn't you go outside? It was beautiful weather and not so hot."

"That sounds boring bro, you should have gone skydiving."

"You worked? That's what Monday to Friday is for. What a loser."

Remember, ladies and gentlemen that it is your weekend and you do what is best for you not what society expects you to do. If you recharge by sitting in front of a TV for 48 hours, then so be it. If you recharge by running up and down mountains then so be it. If you recharge by sitting in a library and creating something then so be it. If you recharge by going to a school to get ahead in your career then so be it.

I've always thought that you can judge a person by their reaction to your answer to the weekend question. If you answer isn't exciting and "cool" then they don't want to hear it.

It's your weekend. Use as you wish. Who cares what the other people think?

Finally let me respond to those four statements above:

"You mean, you didn't go out and get hammered?" - No. I drink occasionally. It isn't the be all and end all for me and if it is all you do, you have a big problem. A huge problem. You need help, mate.

"Why didn't you go outside? It was beautiful weather and not so hot." - I had other things to do that required me to be inside. I suppose I could have done my reading in the park but I need a desk and computer for what I want to do, something that the park doesn't offer.

"That sounds boring bro, you should have gone skydiving." - Next suggestion. What you find exciting bro, and what I find exciting are completely different. 

"You worked? That's what Monday to Friday is for. What a loser." - Maybe. But, how can I be a loser for creating something in my spare time? Why cant't I do that? Is there some rule that I have to do something exciting and cool. By the way, what you find cool and what I find cool are like the exciting thing, completely different.

Have a great week everyone. I hope you smash your goals and get closer to where you want to be. I know where I want to be and who I want to be with and it is that clarity that is driving me to where I'm going.

Care to join me?

Send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment