Wednesday 21 June 2017

Would you say "hello" if it made things cheaper?

I'm writing this post in a coffee shop today. For those of you who know me well, you will realise that I don't actually drink coffee, so I ordered a cocoa latte. It sounds very posh, doesn't it?

I saw this picture the other day: (Please click the link)

http://imgur.com/PAMrvHG

It's interesting isn't it? If you just say "small coffee" you pay $5. If you say "please," it gets cheaper and then if you say "hello" or some kind of greeting it is about a third of the original price.



How do you think that would work?

I think it is a great idea.

I must admit when I bought the cocoa latte I have in front of me while I'm writing this post I just said "cocoa latte" which when I really think about it, is quite rude and I should have at least said "hello." I definitely would have said hello if I knew that it would have been cheaper.

This is what I am going to do from now on and I suggest you join me in doing it as well.

I will go into the shop or whatever, look them in the eye, say "hello" and make a comment (I reckon that is the most difficult one) and then order.

I think, that no matter where you are in the world unless the person behind the counter is a real sourpuss that you will occasionally get special attention. I'm not guaranteeing that you will get special attention every time but you shouldn't be saying hello just so you get that attention. You should be saying hello because you are a decent person and they are a decent person as well and that is what you do when you meet someone else.

Good luck. I know that for some of you, this task really freaks you out. I know it freaks me out. I'm sure that it will get easier and easier as you greet more and more people.

I look forward to hearing your stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment