Sunday 11 June 2017

Some thoughts and ideas

I saw this the other day and there are some great thoughts in here. Lets have a look at some of them and comment on a few.

1. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

I remember been told in primary (elementary) school that tomato was fruit and at that time I and the rest of the class couldn't believe it. How could tomato sauce, that we put on our mince and cheese pies and fish and chips be a fruit? That was inconceivable.

Basically this one is saying that it is all very well having the knowledge but if you don't do anything with it then it is useless.

I know that I have a great general knowledge but what is that good for? Winning the pub quiz?




2. The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Sometimes people are just too early. They are so far ahead of where 99.9% of the population is that they are ridiculed and their ideas are dismissed because we just can't comprehend all of it.

So, they might come up with a great idea but they get no benefit from it and the next person cleans up.




3. Politicians and diapers (nappies) have one thing in common. They should be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Do I really need to explain this one?


4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

I like this one. It is basically telling you in a roundabout way that you and your argument are useless.

5. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

That's an interesting one, isn't it? We copy word for word someone's ideas and we will basically get fired or arrested or something.

We copy a big group of people and their ideas and we are doing our jobs. What is the difference? I don't get it.

6. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

One of my favourite sayings from the best time of the year, Christmas. What is that saying? "Bad is good."?



7. God must love stupid people. He made SO many of them.

I like this one for a number of reasons. First of all it reminds me of this blog post. In the post I talked about how introverts will say that they don't like people but in fact the truth is that they don't like the actions of those people.

This is the same. We don't hate stupid people we just hate the stupid things that they do. Although when we think about it the world would be a boring place if there wasn't people who do stupid things.   Here is an example.

This one also got me thinking about God and atheism. In the following video, British comedian, Stephen Fry talks about his thoughts on atheism. He gives a great answer about his religious or non-religious beliefs.


So, why did he (or her) create stupid people? Interesting question, right?


8. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

No comment.


9. I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

I hope I never have that experience unlike Mick Fanning in South Africa a couple of years ago.


I must admit that every time that I'm at the beach and I feel something that doesn't feel exactly like sand, I freak out a bit as I'm sure a lot of you do.


What a way to finish a blog post, JAWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment