Tuesday 10 January 2017

How to stay motivated



It is the beginning of 2017 and I am really finding it difficult to motivate myself. I thought that I would come back from holiday all guns blazing but that isn't the case and it is really frustrating.

So, how can I stay motivated and get to where I want to go this year?


1. Take one day at a time

This is one thing I tell myself consistently. It is all about consistency. Doing the same thing everyday to get to where you want to be. Sometimes I can get overwhelmed with everything I have to do but if I break it down into daily things then it isn't that much and it is more manageable.


2. Surround yourself with positivity

I made a New Year's Resolution that I wasn't going to complain and I broke that complaining about the weather and my travel plans. Basically I was complaining about something that I couldn't control and and I was complaining about something that was totally my fault. I mustn't have been very nice to be around and it was a big wakeup to me. People want to be around positive people, not whingers and you should want to be like that too.


3. Create goals

Know that when you wake up in the morning you are working for something. You have a purpose. If you don't have anything to wake up to, why get out of bed? I know in the winter that sounds like an excellent idea but believe me if you don't get up you are not going to accomplish anything and you will wind up in a big pile of s**t.


4. Believe in yourself

If you can't believe in yourself, who will? You have to know that you can do it. It is as simple as that. Believe, believe, believe.


5. Acknowledge your positive things

My friend and I did an exercise in which we wrote down what we thought were our own and each other's positive attributes. Here are mine:


  • Good sense of humour
  • Good public speaker
  • Creative
  • Punctual
  • Tolerant
  • Knowledgeable
  • Intelligent 
  • Loyal
  • Unconventional
  • Friendly 
OK. There are my positive attributes. What are you ones?


6. Recognise your progress

Yes. I have made progress in the last eight months and I know that but there is also a need to get to the next step and level. So celebrate your successes and then move on to the next step.


7. Visualise accomplishing your goals

In this blog post I talked about making the most of your mornings and in it, it talks about visualisation and if you can really, really visualise it then you can accomplish whatever you want. You see it in your mind and then you go and do it. It sounds simple, doesn't it? It's not but you have to get started and who knows?


8. Don't compare yourself to others

This is difficult bit you have to realise that you are doing it for yourself. You have your own goals. I find in the Crossfit gym that it can get a little bit demoralising sometimes when the other guys are lift in more than me but you have to forget about them and concentrate on your work and not be put off by people around you.


There you go. Keep on fighting. Never give up and you will start to attract things into your life that you are wanting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment