Sunday 22 January 2017

Are you a hermit?

Could you live like this? A hermitage (I always thought that was an art museum in Russia and a hotel near Mount Cook in South Island of New Zealand) in Austria is looking for someone to be the hermit.

Huh? Is that actually a thing?

Well, thanks to good old Wikipedia it says that a hermitage is a place for religious seclusion. I did not know that. Shows you how much I know.

This post is not to showcase my knowledge or lack of knowledge of hermitages. It is to ask you a question:

Could you do this job? Could you live on the side of a mountain with no running water, no electricity and the worst part, no internet for eight months?

I like solitude as much as the next person but I think that this is crossing the line. You would have to be very dedicated to the cause and even a little bit social. A social hermit? Now there is an oxymoron if ever I've heard one.

Who should apply for this "job?"

Well, in my opinion, if you identify as an ambivert then this "job" would be perfect for you. You get your solitude plus you get to talk to a stream of tourists. What could be better? Obviously without internet you won't able to see how your shares are going or whether Chelsea won the premiership or you won't be able to keep up with the Kardashians but you will have a great story to tell.

There you have it. Are you in? This is the best of both worlds, solitude and human contact.

Tell me how it goes and what they asked you at the interview. That would be interesting.


(I do know that this is some place in Italy. I couldn't find the actual place in Austria. You get the point though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment