Wednesday 16 November 2016

Why it is good to be alone.

Do you use Instagram?

One of my favourite contributors is called Introvert Doodles. Some of the pictures are very funny and very true, especially if you identify yourself as an introvert. One of my favourite Doodles is this one. Basically it is giving the reasons for wanting to stay at home and why you like to be alone. I'm sure many people who identify themselves as introverts can relate. So lets go through them.

1. I can dream impossible things without realists brining me down.

Oh yes. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this. When you spend a lot of time alone and when you spend a lot of time inside you head, it is only natural that you come up with big ideas and some of them may even be outrageous. There is nothing worse than having your dreams shattered by someone saying that you have to be realistic. Sometimes that may be good advice but other times they are just projecting their reality on to you and your dreams and ambitions. This can be difficult but you have try to ignore them and come up with a realistic plan to achieve it and once you are on the way to achieving it then those people who are telling you to be realistic will be jumping on your bandwagon. If you don't believe me, try it.


2. I'm good company 

I've always said that if you can't enjoy your own company whose company can you enjoy? You should be able to enjoy a night alone, hanging out by yourself without going crazy and wanting 16 other people to hang out with you.


3. I can be the truest version of myself

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!! When you are alone, you don't have to fake being someone else. You don't have to look like you are having a great time by doing things that make you very uncomfortable. When you are alone you can be and this is a cliche, you can just be yourself. You are not impressing anyone, you are just being yourself and that is all we want to be.


4. It's relaxing to be free of other's expectations

Sometimes when you are in a big group, they expect you to act in a certain way and when you don't act in that way, they will start asking you what is the problem and are you ok and they will feel uncomfortable and hence make you feel uncomfortable. When you are alone, you bypass all of that and it does feel really good that you don't have to worry about it, you can just be yourself and have a whale of a time.


5. No pants

Do I need to write anyone more? Although in saying that, no pants is also good when another special person is there with you.


6. Nobody is complaining about my weird but epic playlist

I don't know about you but this one really gets my goat. For whatever reason people like to make snide comments about other people's music taste. Hey, if I like to listen to Nickelback, then I am going to listen to Nickelback. (By the way, I don't know why people make snide comments about Nickelback. I suspect that half the time they are saying them because other people are saying them so they might as well jump on the bandwagon or they just want to make fun of you because they are snobby.) There are many genres of music and people have different tastes so let them be. They are all not going to like what you like and that is OK. There is nothing wrong with it.

As a thank you for reading this post, here is my favourite Nickelback song.


No comments:

Post a Comment