Sunday 20 November 2016

Finally .... The Rock has come back to ....

I read this article the other day. I think The Rock Dwayne Johnson is one of the coolest actors in Hollywood. When I first saw him on the WWE or the WWF as it was known then, his stage presence and his microphone skills were second to none. His lines, "it doesn't matter what your name is" and "I'm gonna to lay the smack down" have become legendary.


The best thing I like about The Rock is that in his interviews he comes across as being a very, very, very nice guy. I've never met the guy but I am willing to bet that he hasn't changed much since he started as a professional wrestler.

In interviews, he comes across as genuine, friendly and caring. You can't ask for much more than that from anyone.

From this article what has The Rock inspired us to do to become better people? Lets look at the three things.


1. Being able to laugh at yourself.

If you can't laugh at yourself, then you have no right to laugh at anyone else. Some people are so insecure that there is no way that they can even contemplate laughing at themselves. To me, that shows a complete lack of confidence and it is a little bit sad too.

A couple of years ago I bumped into one of my Crossfit coaches on the street. At that stage we didn't know each other well but we had a chat. He commented that he thought I had beautiful eyes. A lot of guys would not react too well to something like that. That would presume that the other guy was gay and they would get offended. To me that shows a lack of self esteem and self confidence. A confident guy would take it for what it is, a compliment.

The coach and I still laugh about it from time to time and to me it is a nice memory and that is because I don't take myself too seriously and I am able to laugh at myself, just like The Rock.


2. Picking yourself up when you fail.

We are all going to fail at something in our life. Some of us might fail again and again. If you don't fail, you are not going to learn anything and you will just be treading water for the rest of your life.



I know that the idea of failing can come across as scary as you don't want to look bad in front of your peers. You don't want to hear the ridicule that comes with failure. It can be very depressing. However, if you can overcome that failure and move onto something bigger and better then that is when confidence comes. You know that inside you, you can accomplish something and that gives you the confidence to go for other goals.

I see it on Instagram all the time, memes about people who don't fail don't try anything new. Which is so true. I've tried new things in my life. I'm not scared to stick my neck out and try things although in saying that I do procrastinate on some things which is not good.

Remember failure is good if you learn something from it. If you don't learn anything, that is bad and you need a good clip around the ears.


3. Share in other people's successes, not just your own.

I learnt this from a friend a few years ago and it is something that I have tried to implement in my life. Sometimes it can be hard to celebrate another person's success and I will hold my hand up and say that yes I have resented a friend or acquaintance's success on occasions. It is not good and I need a really good kick in the backside for my attitude. However if you can genuinely feel good about another person's success then it motivates you to try and accomplish what they have.

Celebrate with them, pat them on the back and tell them that you will be joining them in the winner's circle very soon.



I hope after you have read that, that you understand what The Rock is cooking. Remember if you can do these things then you might be able to influence "the millions and millions" of people out there and that is when the real success occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment