Tuesday 16 July 2019

STUDY BROADLY, LEARN A LANGUAGE, READ AND ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE

I saw this very interesting quote on Instagram the other day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0t5iZAPec/

If you can't open it here it is:

"So here's my advice: Study broadly and without fear. Learn a language if you can, because that will make your life more interesting. Read a little bit every day. But more importantly, surround yourself with people who you like and make cool stuff with them. In the end, what you do isn't going to be nearly as interesting or important as who you do it with." - John Green

There are some good points here. Lets go through them.

Study broadly: Yes I agree with that. I think it makes you a rounded person. I think that people who only know one thing can be a little socially inept and the conversations around them are average at best and if you don't know about their speciality it can be a bit boring. Get out there, learn about things, learn about what is going on in the world, learn about stuff.


Learn a langauge: I have blogged about this in the past. Take a look at the following:

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2016/07/finding-right-language.html

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2017/06/what-do-you-call-someone-who-can-only.html

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2017/07/learn-language.html


When you learn a language you world opens up a great deal. You learn a lot about yourself and you upbringing as well. I have learned stuff about English that I had never heard before.


Read a little bit every day: I have been trying to do this for a long time. Admittedly I don't do it every day but I will try to do some reading after I post this. Read a little bit every day relates back to the first one about studying broadly. You might read a lot about your speciality but reading every day helps you to talk about things that you might not have an idea about but with that one little bit of knowledge you might be able to engage someone in that topic.

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2016/10/does-small-talk-scare-you.html (Look at number 4 in this post)


Surround yourself with the best people: They say that you are the average of the five people you hang out with the most. Is this true? Probably. You want to create things with these kinds of people and because they are the best, you are going to create quality stuff.


Read that quote again and try to apply those things to your life. I'm sure your life will get better and better as you attract better and better people and things into your life. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment