Friday 19 July 2019

27 YEAR HERMIT: WHAT THE F**K!

Have a look at this article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-48968502

This guy walked out of his house when he was 20 years old and basically lived alone for 27 years and in all that time he only spoke to one person who stumbled upon his camp one day and even then the only thing he said was "hi."

My friend and I were discussing this story and we were thinking about how many people clear their throats when they haven't spoken for a few hours. What happens when you haven't spoken for YEARS? My friend reckons you would be coughing up your lungs.

The 27 year hermit didn't really want to speak to the media but there is another woman in Scotland who lives a hermit lifestyle.

What she says is very interesting:

She says many people think being a hermit is selfish.

"If I say I want to sail a small boat all the way around the world and it will take me two years, everyone says, 'Oh how exciting!' If I say I want to go and sit in my house and not talk to anyone for two years, they say 'Have you got mental health issues?' or 'Why are you so selfish?'"



She makes a great point and to be honest, I can't come up with a reason why our society looks at these two things differently. Maybe because if you are in a sail boat for two years, you have no where else to go but if you decide to live by yourself then that is a choice and you can engage with other people.

Would you spend 27 years in solitude? I know I wouldn't. I like the contact of people from time to time and you should to. Remember an introvert lifestyle is not trying to avoid people every minute of the day. An introvert lifestyle is when you know that your energy has run out and you need to recharge. You know when to get out of that party without worrying what the extroverts will say or think of you. There is no need to avoid people altogether.


RELATED POSTS:

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2017/01/are-you-hermit.html

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-okinawan-naked-hermit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment