Sunday 28 July 2019

DO YOU TALK ON A PLANE?

The following was an interesting article:

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/japanese-people-least-likely-to-talk-to-strangers-or-offer-help-on-airplanes-survey-finds

Basically it talks about Japanese people's behaviour on a plane. I found it very interesting because it talks about stereotypes and I know that some people are offended by stereotyping but unfortunately for those people these stereotypes do come from somewhere and they are usually true to an extent.

Since I have started to take an interest in this introvert/extrovert topic I have noticed that you can almost categorise certain countries. Of course not every person in that particular country is going to be extroverted or introverted but the majority in my opinion are going to be.

Japan is an introverted country in my opinion despite the groupism that proliferates across the country. I believe Japanese generally like to recharge by themselves or with one or two good friends.

About the English ability, I don't think it is the lack of ability it is just the confidence to use that English in their head, that's the problem. The idea that you have to be perfect doesn't really work when you are learning a language.

I tell you what, I don't think I want to spend a 10 hour plane ride with a gas bag to my left or right so if the person doesn't want to speak to me, thank god.

Helping someone out that is another matter all together and that has nothing to do with introvert/extrovert and everything to do manners and upbringing and that is a cultural thing which is completely different and a topic for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment