Wednesday 31 July 2019

DON'T BE LATE!

They say that there is only one thing in life that you can't get back.

If you lose money you can get it back and maybe even double or triple it. If you lose a significant other, you can either get him or her back or you will find someone even better. If you lose your six pack, you get it back with hard work and a dedicated eating regime.

However, if you lose time, that is one thing that you can never get back. I used to get pissed off that people would comment after watching a two minute video, "Well, that is two minutes of my life that I will never get back."

Come to think of it, they clicked on the video, so the only person to blame is themselves.

Lets get back to time. I get the most pissed off when someone doesn't respect my time. When, for example, they decide to be 30 minutes late. That really annoys me and sometimes I will just walk after 15 minutes if I haven't heard anything. I think with the proliferation of cell phones over the last 20 years, people are getting more and more lazier and they just think they can text the other person.

If you really want to freak someone out, tell them that you will meet them at 7pm on Friday and then tell them that you won't have your cell phone. I assure you people freak out.

"Oh, my god! What if I'm late?"
"You won't be late."
"What if you are late?"
"I'm never late."

It works though, they will be there on time.



What really gets my goat is people who are deliberately late as a power play. People who will organise the meeting at their office for 2pm and then keep their guests waiting until 2.10pm. Apparently there is a well known world leader who is always late. I would tell him (or her) but it is a him, to fuck off. Maybe the diplomatic relations between those countries would be bad but it would show that you don't take any shit. See Hugh Grant's character telling Billy Bob's character what is what and that he isn't going to take any manure in the video below.


What is the moral of today's story?

Don't be late and if you are going to be, try to anticipate it and tell your friend or acquaintance. It's easy. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment