Tuesday 16 July 2019

Cricket World Cup

It would be amiss of me not to comment on one of the best sporting contests that I have ever seen. Before I carry on, I'll let you be the judge:


You might not be a cricket fan but the excitement and happenings in the game may never be repeated. I won't explain what happened here but let me just say that a game like that will never be seen for such a long time.

To play for almost 8 hours and to have a tie not only in the first 100 overs but in the super over (penalty shoot-out) was amazing.

I'm a New Zealander so my opinion might be biased but as I see it New Zealand didn't actually lose the game. They came second in the competition but they didn't actually lose the final and they should take pride from that. At this moment, it doesn't actually mean anything because they are not World Cup Champions but I'm sure if they look back on it they will remember that fact and take pride in that they participated in such a wonderful game of cricket.

Amazing!

Congratulations England and Kia Kaha New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment