Wednesday 28 March 2018

Why do I have to drink coffee?

Coffee! It seems to be the holy water of western society. If you don't drink coffee, you are not part of the in-crowd. If you don't drink coffee there must be something wrong with you.

You have probably recognised already that I don't drink coffee and in fact I don't like it. We have some pretty weird food preferences in our society and did you know the most expensive coffee in the world comes from the droppings of some South East Asian cat creature? All I can say with that is WTF? I can imagine all the people who think that they are sophisticated (whatever that means) and think they are the bees knees falling over themselves to get to that cup of coffee just so that they can be seen and have their photo taken so that they can put it on Instagram. Look at it me, I'm drinking cat shit coffee.

Apparently the cats nowadays because the coffee has become trendy (see my above comment) farmers are battery farming the cats. Oh well, what you don't know won't hurt you I suppose as long as I am seen to be trendy. That's all that matters.


My point today is that why do I have to drink coffee to be considered sociable? What is it about coffee that it is suddenly become this thing that you have to have to show to other people that you are cool. I don't get.

Just drink what you like. Who cares? If you like drinking that cheap beer, drink it. Who cares? The beer snobs can have those expensive craft beers all to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment