Thursday 15 March 2018

THE OBJECTIONS OF YOUR DREAM

I have launched my new website, The Situational Extrovert.

http://www.situationalextrovert.com

This is the first step in my dream to create something that I will never have to retire from. Where I wake up and actually look forward to going to work rather than force yourself out of bed after ten alarms and numerous naps.

Of course with this new "challenge" of mine I am going to get objections from the people around me. They might be well meaning but it can bring you down.

What is it that you hear? You probably hear all or some of the following:

1. You have to be realistic. Get a job now and follow that dream some other time.

Excuse me, when is some other time? Is it when you are about to enter the retirement home? Is it tomorrow? Why not now? Another question is what does realistic mean? I think that word means different things to different people. Your realistic is going to be different to other people's realistic.


2. Things will be bad if you fail

Not at all. You might fail, that is life. What is the worst thing that will happen? Probably you can go back to what you were doing before embarking on this project. There is nothing wrong with that. They say that regret weighs heaps. If you don't do it now, you will regret it and that can be a burden that is difficult to rid of.


3. You will be more content at your current job

Sure, you might be content, but are you happy? There is a huge difference right there. You might be content and you might have your 'safe' life but is this what you really want? I doubt it. I know for one that I can't go to the same office everyday where I'm told what to do and when I can eat (why do people all eat at 12pm) and when I can piss. That is not me and I am willing to sacrifice the initial comfort for a few years to get what I want.


4. Only a few people do it

Why not you? Sure, only a few people develop a billion dollar app but if you never get off your ass and attempt to do something then you may never know if you have that billion dollar app idea or not. Only a few people do it and there is no reason that you can't do it either.


5. Failing is the end

I say bullshit to that. I've heard that in some countries (I'm not going to name any names but one is famous for sushi and the other is famous for bratwurst) failure is just so bad that you don't want to ever walk the streets again for fear of been embarrassed. Whether this is true or not is up for debate but what I do know is that most successful people have failed at some stage and made it back. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is the end only if you make it the end.


6. You don't have enough money

So? This is where you get creative and really try to make something happen. Money is important by all means but if you have the right mentality and creative ideas then the money should start flowing in soon.


7. That sounds like too much work why don't you keep your current job and then you can have weekends off

Fuck that! Should I repeat that. I mean why does the weekend have to mean certain activities? Why can't I work on my passion and dreams on a Saturday night? Do I have to go to the bar and watch the football game?


Good luck with whatever you have in mind. I'm sure that if you put in the effort then things are going to happen for you and happen in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment