Friday 30 March 2018

SOME QUOTES FOR THE INTROVERTED MIND

If you are anything like me, you will do a lot of reading about famous people, about how to improve yourself and how to create your best self.

In some of those books you do come across some interesting quotes from time to time. Let me share some with you.


"Quiet people have the loudest minds." - Stephen Hawking

The first one is from the late Stephen Hawking. Do you know what, he is 100% completely correct. I know from my own experience that my mind is forever on thinking about things. Thinking about different scenarios. Recently, I have been doing a lot of visualising. It is working believe me. I would suggest it for anyone out there.



"Don't think of introversion as something that needs to be cured... Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to." - Susan Cain

Yes, once again, I completely agree with this also. Susan Cain is as I would describe her, the patron saint of introverts. I agree that you shouldn't cure it. You are who you are after all. However what I disagree with is that sometimes you have to come out of your shell and be the party person on occasions.


"An introvert may feel asocial when pressured to go to a party that doesn't interest her. But for her, the event does not promise meaningful interaction. In fact, she knows that the party will leave her feeling more alone and alienated." - Laurie Helgoe

Introverts out there, I'm sure you have all been pressurised into going to a party that you didn't really want to go to and a five hour party seemed like five years. I know I have been pressurised on a number of occasions. I know it is hard to say no to friends but if they are true friends they won't worry about it and they will respect your request for a 'quiet night in' which for your extroverted friends is the equivalent of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment