Tuesday 13 December 2016

The Lion didn't get much sleep tonight

Have you seen this article? I was shocked by this article.

For those of you who don't know me very well. I am a cricket player. I have played and watched all my life. Cricket is played predominately in Commonwealth countries, Australia, Bangladesh England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Zimbabwe. The most passionate fans are in India where the cricket players are up there with some of the highest paid sporting athletes on the planet.

The other countries also have their fans as well, with the Beige Brigade from New Zealand. The Aussie Fanatics and my favourite supporters group, The Barmy Army from England.

The Barmy Army follow their side all over the world, dominating test match crowds and singing and drinking their way through a test match day's play. I think they bring a great atmosphere to the game and they love it whether England are doing well or not.

So, after all that, reading that article made me shocked and angry and it is that old story of a few idiots ruining it for the rest of them. It reminds me of this post about drunken out of control students as the face of most students.

It will be interesting to see what the hierarchy of the Barmy Army say about these idiots. I always thought that they were classier than that.

When I think of the Barmy Army, I think of this:


Or I think of this:


Unfortunately they let themselves down with what happened in Mumbai. I hope that it is just an isolated incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment