Monday 19 December 2016

Stepping out of your comfort zone won't kill you

Today I tried this restaurant, pictured below.


This restaurant has been open for about a week. If you can see the sign clearly you would understand my reluctance.

Initially when I read the Japanese, 病み付き注意, I misunderstood it. I saw the character 病 and I thought that it meant sickness when in fact the first four characters mean addiction. So in other words it says, "Beware, you could become addicted."

Anyway, I decided to give it a try and have lunch and it was delicious. It really was. It is a fried chicken restaurant. I don't think they have their full menu out because they have just opened but it was very good.

The whole point of this post is to say that sometimes you have to try new places. Many people out there are reluctant to try to new places, they don't want to jump out of their comfort zone because they might not like it or they are just not that adventurous.

Lets face it. You people especially from English speaking countries, if you weren't adventurous, you wouldn't know what Thai food was, or what kebabs were or even what a won ton was. You would still be eating your pork chops with mashed potatoes and peas and carrots. Yummy!!!

Get out of your comfort zone from time to time. Try new foods, try new places even if the sign does say poisoning. You will meet new people. You will have new culinary experiences and you can only grow as a person. You can become a bit more worldly.

Below is what I had. It was quite simple but it was quite tasty and I will certainly go back there again in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment