Wednesday 21 December 2016

How you write your name says a lot about you

I noticed something the other day when I attended a meeting. There were about ten people at the meeting and I knew most of them but there were some who didn't know each other so we were asked to write our names on a name plate (a piece of paper) and display it.

The first thing I noticed that the people who I would classify as extroverts were at the front. They were closest to where the chair of the meeting was going to be sitting.

The second thing I noticed was that the people at the front of the room had written their names like this:

BLAIR

While the people at the back of the room, i.e. the introverts had written their names like this:

Blair

Do you see the difference? The extroverts had written their names, loud and proud in capital letters while the introverts had written their names in smaller letters.

I'm not an expert in handwriting but there must be some kind of reason for this and I'm sure that it is more than just introvert/extrovert. So I asked my friend Mr. Google and as you would expect there is a reason. I don't really understand the reason but there is a reason.

Apparently people who write in all capitals want to remain mysterious. They are uncomfortable talking about their private lives. Also, according to Mr. Google, these people who write in capitals are egotistical. They have very strong opinions and it can be incredibly tough for them to see your side of the story.

I also asked Mr. Google about small handwriting like I wrote at the meeting and he said that small handwriting is a sign of introversion. People who write small are not flamboyant and they are not really attention seekers.

Hmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here.

The next thing Mr. Google told me is that sometimes people who write small maybe a little shy and they maybe a little insecure. They also avoid the company of others.

Sounds interesting, doesn't it?

What is the moral to all of this?

There are all sorts of hints and clues about people's personalities out there and if you don't want to be "found out" be careful about how you do things like writing your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment