Sunday 11 December 2016

Some more pearls of wisdom from Instagram

Here are some more pearls of wisdom from Instagram. I find this app a lot more educational than say Facebook or other social platforms. Of course you have to sift through the chaff to find these pearls but in my opinion it is worth it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNzdIR0AXPL/?taken-by=livenowsuccess

Sometimes in life it is worth to step back and decide what is important. Earlier this year I made that decision to concentrate on myself. I wanted to do all of those things that are on this Instagram post.


  • Building an empire
  • Finding myself
  • Healing myself
  • Loving myself
  • Being passionate
  • Getting fit
  • Growing friendships
  • Meeting new people and making memories
I found what I was looking for and in that discovery I can start to build that empire and with that decision I was able to heal and love myself and find something to be passionate about. It is amazing how all of those were found in one decision.



5 Things every successful person has in common

  1. They have a dream
  2. They have a plan
  3. They have specific knowledge
  4. They're willing to work hard
  5. They don't take no for an answer
This list reminds me of the classic Napoleon Hill book Think and Grow Rich. You have a dream. You have a plan to realise that dream and then you work like a dog to accomplish that idea. Doesn't it sound absolutely awesome?




"I failed three times in college. I applied 30 times to get a job but I have always been rejected. When KFC came to China for the first time, we were 24 to apply and I was the only one to be dismissed. I wanted to go into the police and postulants, I was the only one not to be accepted. I applied 10 times to Harvard and I was rejected." Jack Ma, Alibaba. Net worth $26.6 billion

From what I have read, this guy is the hero for anyone who might be just treading water at this stage. I have heard the line, "If I can do it, anyone can do it." It has almost become a cliche and I don't really believe anyone who says it but the more I read about Jack Ma and what he has accomplished it gives average guys hope. 




This is an awesome meme with Harrison Ford, in my opinion the most awesome of all the actors in Hollywood. Apparently he was painfully shy. Yep, I can relate to that. I was painfully shy too and sometimes it still comes out in my behaviour. I thank all of the people who I have met over the years who have helped me overcome that shyness. He is now the highest grossing actor in American film history. There is hope for all of us after reading this. You might find it difficult to talk to people but by working on that you can accomplish things that only seem like dreams.




4 Simple Rules

  1. Wake up early
  2. Work harder than you think you did yesterday
  3. Never go more than 3 days without exercise
  4. Make time to read every single day
Today is Sunday and I was up at 6.30 to get things done today. I have always thought that Sunday was a time to sleep in but when you realise that getting up early will help you to get things done then you life will change. 

I like the rule of never going 3 days without exercise. I'm finding now that I have a lot more energy (along with a lot more muscle soreness everyday) and I'm able to concentrate for a lot longer than before. It is fantastic. Follow this rule, you will feel and most importantly, SEE the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment