Monday 11 December 2017

IS DRINKING COFFEE THE HEIGHT OF BEING SOCIAL?

I was told yesterday that I should drink coffee. When I asked why that was the case, I was told it is a good social thing to do because when you go to someone's house they will invariably ask you if you want a coffee.



So what?

What is the difference between not wanting to drink alcohol and not wanting to drink coffee?

In one word: Nothing.

Why should I be pressured to drink coffee when, for two reasons: I don't like the flavour of coffee and  I really struggle with hot drinks. I find that my mouth is pretty sensitive and it burns quite easily so I would rather drink something cold.

It is so ingrained in a lot of people to offer tea or coffee that when you ask for something cold it almost comes as an inconvenience to people.

I guess the moral of this post is to not be pressured into doing anything that you don't want to do. Why should you drink coffee because it is the thing to do or it is the social thing to do?

If people pressured you into doing it, run the other way, very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment