Wednesday 6 December 2017

Are you changing without knowing it?

In the next year, I want to transform into the person I have always wanted to be. I have some goals that I want to achieve and do some things that I believe that will make my life more fulfilled and the type of life I want to live.

How will I know that I am changing or have changed?

That question is quite difficult to answer by yourself. Usually people will say something to you like,

"Hey you have changed a lot. What did you do."


So, lets get back to the question. How do you know that you have changed?


1. You don't care if you are alone.

This sounds like it is straight out of the introvert playbook. As you get older, you realise that few people are on your wavelength and you only choose to surround yourself with people who get you and of course you get them.


2. You become more self-confident 

You will find that you don't get all wound up when people start to correct our behaviour or try and impose themselves on you. You will start to find things that you are more and more passionate about and you may even start finding purpose for your life.


3. You can throw away people who don't belong

As you change you will realise the type of people who a good to be around. You will realise the type of people who bring value to your life and you will realise the type of people who you need to have in your life and the type of people who you have to get rid of. You will find that saying goodbye gets easier and easier.


4. You become more sceptical

I was told a few years ago that I was quite a difficult person to know. This particular person said that the first time he met me he could almost feel that he was been judged. Of course at the time I denied it and said that I was shy but in hindsight he was probably right. I had to judge himself to find out whether I could speak freely with him or be careful with what I say. In theses days for whatever reason we have to be careful about what we say because more and more people seem to be getting easily offended over the most trivial things.


5. Introvert lifestyle is not so bad after all

You will find that you don't have to go out each and every weekend with 100 of your "closest" friends and hit all the clubs within a three mile radius. As you become more and more comfortable in your skin, you will know that that kind of trivialness is not really needed and that you are just as comfortable being at hime by yourself or with your soul mate passing time in a relaxed and positive manner.


6. You can't get back time

As you grow in confidence and grow as a person you will realise that time is more and more valuable and you will be very careful who spend it with and what you do. You start to realise that things that you spent lots of time on in the past just don't mean anything anymore. You pick your friends more carefully and how you spend your time.




Basically keep going in this journey we call life. It is worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment