Tuesday 30 May 2017

Things I have done and may want to do

Here is an interesting article I found the other day from Men's Health magazine. It talks about 50 things to do before you are 50. Sounds interesting. Lets go through these.

Please note that some of these are British and European-centric so I have changed them to fit me and hopefully some of you.

1. Buy a house - not yet

2. Have children - Not that I know of.

3. Get married - Not yet

Those are all very traditional.

4. Fall in love - Yep

5. Eat fish and chips on the pier - Now you are talking my language.



6. Donate blood - I'm sorry for being selfish but this is something that I haven't done. It scares me a little bit. I don't know why.

7. Read 100 books - Seriously if you haven't read 100 books by the time you have left SCHOOL, there is something wrong.

8. See your favourite band live - Does Michael Jackson count? I think that is the last concert  I ever went to and it was awesome. The attention to detail was unbelievable. The only other thing that is comparable to a Michael Jackson concert is Disneyland with it's attention to detail.



9. Learn a language -
そう思います。もし外国語を勉強すれば、世界が広くなってるよ。
我在大学学习汉语了。汉语的翻译是很难。但是汉语语法和英语语法一样。

10. Attend a music festival - Yeah? I don't think so. This one is not very introverty.

11. Own a dog - Anyone who knows me well will know the answer to this one.

12. Learn to say no to your mother - Sorry Mother, "No."

13. Stay out all night partying - That is pretty easy to do in Tokyo

14. See the Northern Lights - Is there such a thing as the Southern Lights?

15. Visit Stonehenge - I must admit that this one thing that I would like to see although I have heard that you can't get close to the stones.

16. Remember where the gas cap is - If only I had a car.

17. Travel somewhere alone - My friend has done this and had a great time. Maybe with my introversion I find this quite scary because I can't start conversations with strangers easily.

18. Sleep underneath the stars - Yes, in Greece.

19. Watch a meteor shower - I remember seeing this kind of thing in Japan. They had been saying that it was going to be a Star Wars type shower and it turned into a bit of a damp squib.

20. Dance in the rain -


21. Become an expert at something - trying my best

22. Quit a job - Many times

23. See a volcano - when you grow up in New Zealand and live in Japan you have no option but to see volcanoes everywhere.


24. Visit all seven continents - 4/7

25. Throw a coin in the Trevi fountain - No

26. Take a helicopter ride - No. It doesn't look fun, I must say.

27. Have sex on a beach - A gentleman never kisses and tells.

28. Swim with dolphins - This is something that doesn't interest me at all.

29. Go skinny dipping - Does onsen (hot springs) count?

30. Ride a gondola in Venice



31. Make a snow angel - What is a snow angel?

32. Take part in a protest - Save the Makos.

33. Own your own business - Working on it.

34. Go in a hot air balloon - No

35. Ride an elephant - No

36. Climb Snowdonia - No but I have climbed Mount Fuji. Does that count? Of course it does.

37. Jump into a pool fully clothed - Do it when it is relatively warm and you have a change of clothes.

38. Backpack across Europe - No

39. Perfect a signature dish - Chicken curry!!!! Yummy.

40. Drink beer at Oktoberfest - Drink beer anywhere. What is the difference?

41. Run a marathon - I aways thought that this would be pretty cool until I learnt that I don't like running.

42. Get a tattoo - No thank you.

43. Ride a Vespa - Does a Honda Dio count?

44. Watch comedy at Edinburgh Fringe - My brother has done this

45. Write a novel - Done. It would definitely be controversial if it is to be published.

46. Write a journal - What do you think this blog is?

47. Spend a month technology free - Otherwise known as purgatory.

48. Try drugs - No comment. Isn't alcohol a drug?

49. Have a threesome - See number 27

50. Go to an airport and pick a random flight - That sounds interesting. It reminds me of the Jim Carrey movie in which they go to Lincoln, Nebraska in the US.

21/50. Still a long way to go. But, I'm not sure I am going to do number 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment