Tuesday 5 June 2018

LIVING IN AN EXTROVERTED WORLD

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfPXNH-BNlQ/?taken-by=understandintroverts

In the above link there is a very interesting quote. Let me write it out for you:

"I am not quiet, at all, or shy. I just don't feel like I have anything substantive to contribute at this time so I'm abstaining from polluting the environment with pointless noise emanating from my mouth. I wish everyone would do the same."

I'm not sure who said this but they are 10000000% correct. Why should someone who has nothing to say be forced into saying something because the chatterboxes around us feel uncomfortable when we are not saying anything?

The ironic thing is that, introverts are uncomfortable when someone around them is speaking at 1000 miles an hour. But that's OK because they are talking.

For some reason, we value noise pollution more than we value silence. Why is that?

We live in an extroverted world, don't we? I don't think we can change that but we can make people (especially the talkative ones) aware that not everyone is the same and not everyone wants to listen to your bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment