Monday 13 February 2017

NO! NO! NO!



Learn to say no.

I'll write that again.

LEARN TO SAY 'NO.'

Someone has asked you to go somewhere with them. You said yes when you really wanted to say no. How do you feel? I bet that you are not going to enjoy it and you are going to resent the other person even though they did nothing wrong. All they did was ask and you had every right to say no.

 In this post I talked of a friend who understood that I couldn't say no and would almost bully me into going out with him.

If I knew then what I know now I would have said no and of course I would have said it in a nice way.

How do you say no?

Well, it is a five step process.

1. Say something nice. "That's sounds great. I always wanted to go to that place."

2. Answer. "Unfortunately I have another engagement on that night."

3. "Thank you."

4. Encourage the person. "I'm sure you will have a great night. I have heard that it is a real riot. I'm sure that you will have a great time."

5. Change the subject.

There you go. The 5 step process. I assure you, it has fared me well over the years.

I remember when I was young someone said to another person that I never say no. I wore that as sort of a badge of pride when in fact it wasn't really that at all. I should have really known myself and said no occasionally. I would have felt better about myself.

Remember when you don't want to do something, say no thank you. You will feel good about yourself and the other person will not have his or her hopes raised that you might say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment