Tuesday 7 February 2017

Having a definite plan is the best

When you are doing anything you need to have a definite plan. You need to know exactly what you are going to do. There is nothing worse than some wishy washy plan that no one ever follows through with.

When people say "lets do lunch" it means absolutely nothing unless you nominate a day and time.

I remember I had just arrived in Japan and someone , I can't remember his name, said "You should come to my house for lunch or dinner one day." I said great and then asked immediately when I should come. Of course he was just being nice and as you probably guessed by now that invitation never came to fruition.

So in saying that, lets make a definite plan:

Hi,

How are you? Long time no see.

I know that you read this blog on a regular basis, thank you very much by the way. It is nice to have a loyal reader and I hope that you have learned something about personalities and you have probably learned a great deal about me as well. Although I'm sure that you have some questions as well. You are curious, right?

Lets have dinner together on February 18th. We will cook together and eat together at my place (I have a new place now) For dinner we can have my special curry and then I will surprise you for dessert. Sorry I'm not going to give you any hints. You will have to see.

Send me a message and I'll tell you what time and where to come to.

Also, the weekend after, the 25th, my team, the Hurricanes are playing the Sunwolves. I know you will enjoy it. 1pm kickoff. Lets go together.


There you have it, two plans. The other person knows when, where and a little bit about what you are going to do. Some of what you are going to do, not all though.

The next day someone says to you lets do something, take the bull by the horns and make an appointment, make a date. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment