Saturday 30 March 2019

ARE THESE NUMBERS SHOCKING TO YOU?

Here is an interesting article I read the other day. The old hikikomori again. Regular readers of my blog will know that I have written some posts about this phenomenon.

Here are some of the posts:

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2016/08/social-withdrawal.html

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2018/03/hikikomori-is-it-individuals-problem.html

https://dailyrbl.blogspot.com/2018/06/social-recluse.html

The reason that this article took my fancy was that it talked about the numbers of people above the age of 40. Usually when we talk about hikikomori, my image is some young guy in his early 20's but obviously this is not the case with a large number of people in the 40 to 64 year old age bracket.

I still firmly believe that these people are rebelling against society because they feel constrained by rules and conventions and that they can't do what they truly want to do and because of that they have shoved their middle finger up in front of society.

How can we lessen the numbers of people who do this? How can we lessen the number of people who shut themselves away from society like this? I wish I had the answers in this blog post. I'm sure that the authorities also want the answers. Do we just accept that in any society that there are going to be people that just can't come out of their shell? (I still hate that expression by the way.)

I wonder if we will see an article like this in a years time.

The answer to that questions is ... PROBABLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment