Wednesday 14 August 2019

TREAT THE JANITOR WITH THE SAME RESPECT AS YOU WOULD THE CEO

Never look down on anyone thinking you are superior. NEVER! What is that meme I've seen a lot:

"Treat the janitor with the same respect as you would the CEO." Apparently this quote is from Tom Hardy, a British actor.

We are all the same. That is why I got extremely annoyed at the library where I am writing this a couple of years ago. I was walking to the toilet as I usually do multiple times of day. The library shares a toilet with an event space. As it turned out on that particular day there was a "VIP" there. (I still have no idea who that was.) Anyway, I was told to go to the 1st floor toilet. I was on the 37th floor. WTF?

I don't understand how a person like that should have precedence over me. I'm here every day. They are there once every ten years. Surely you should look after your regulars more than the irregulars.

My friend told me a story of a time when he was at a pizza place that he had frequented on numerous occasions. He had asked for something that wasn't on the menu but he had had it before. Because the server was not trained to do that, he had said no. My friend was not happy and proceeded to give the place a 1 star rating. The owner contacted my friend afterwards and asked why. My friend told him the reason. He asked the server and the server said because the guy was a regular he didn't think he needed to do it. The server was told because my friend was a regular that is double the reason why you should look after him.

Look after the people who are regulars. They will always be there and they will bring in other people. The one-off people are good and they should be treated nicely but the regulars should be looked after. Treat them like a CEO even if they are a janitor.

Anyway, what does the title have to do with it anyway. Why do we have to give everyone titles? Who cares? We all end up under the ground anyway.

"Treat the janitor with the same respect as you would the CEO." - Tom Hardy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment