Saturday 20 March 2021

Another Introvert quote for today

 "Loneliness is failed solitude." - Sherry Turkle.

This is an interesting one because I am sure that some people have experienced some kind of loneliness during the pandemic. 


If you are anything like me and you live by yourself, the whole idea of spending time alone as an introvert is not so bad. One day morphs into another and although you are still communicating with people on a daily basis Wednesday seems to be the same as Sunday which seems to be the same as Friday. 

(I must say though that although my apartment is nice and warm and comfortable, I do live below the level of the road and I do keep my curtains closed so 3am seems the same as 3pm if I don't look outside.)

How much solitude can a "normal" person take? 

Although I have heard stories of people enjoying the pandemic and being locked away from society, you still need to get out once in a while even if it just to get some Vitamin D. 

Solitude is good but interacting with other people is also good. Don't lock yourself away forever. For one thing, the world will continue on without you and you will start to get behind that is not a good thing in this ever changing world that we live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment