Hello and welcome back to The Daily RBL. In the time that I have been away I have created a website which I believe will be the basis for business that will have the world connecting ways that the internet cannot. Not online but offline, face to face where we understand each other better and we just all get along.
The Situational Extrovert is something that will help 'quieter' people get out there.
For someone who aspires to be an situational extrovert, there are few things that here to she can do to build his or her confidence. Let's run through some ideas now:
1. Focus on improving yourself and stop comparing yourself to others - People mature and grow at different stages in their lives. Just because you are such and such an age doesn't mean that they should have this, this and this. The world has changed so much over the years. We have teenage millionaires on Youtube and investing in bitcoin. However in saying that some of the top entrepreneurs didn't get into their stride until they were well into their 40's. Things come at different times for people. Just be ready when that opportunity arises.
2. Say "thank you" instead of "sorry."- I think some of us say sorry way to much. I have caught myself saying it a number of times recently and do you know what, I'm not sorry at all. I have just said it because that is what you are supposed to say but why?
3. Simply say "no" when you don't feel like doing it - We sometimes say yes when we really mean no and that can cause resentment to the person who gave the invitation when they don't really deserve it just because you were to much of a weakling to say no. If you don't feel like it just say "no" and stay home and relax and charge. It is that simple.
4. Stand tall - My mother always said this to me. You have to really stand up and look life right in the eye and say you are not going to get the better of me. You have to stand up and look that life right in the eye and say and I am going to win and I am going to win well. That might sound like it is hocus pocus bull crap but it is true. As they say what you think about with passion and faith will surely come to pass.
5. Exercise to keep yourself energetic - I was at the gym at 5.45am this morning. It is now 8.09pm as I am writing this. I'm starting to feel a little tired but I believe that the energy that I got from this morning's workout is fuelling me tonight. If yo don't do any exercise, go out and do something. Go out and have a walk. Go out and run around the block. Do something because if you don't your ass imprint will be on the couch in front of the TV for all eternity.
6. Smile to strangers - What I mean by this is when you are walking along the street just smile. You don't have to say anything or spend the next couple of days and nights with them, you just have to smile. What is difficult about that? You will definitely start to feel more confident. Also, guys, you don't have to only smile at the pretty ladies. Smiling at another guy does not make you gay. Really, it doesn't.
7. Sit straight - I used to think that people who sat straight looked pompous and idiotic. This is not true of course. They have good posture. They have confidence flowing through their body and it shows in that posture.
8. Record everything - Since I started my Crossfit gym I have basically just turned up. Did a few weights and metcons (This is Crossfit language for cardio workouts) and gone home. I realised that I missed a golden opportunity to record all my scores and my progress. I have started a diary that will record for me what exercise I have done and I have eaten. I'm sure this will help me get close to my goal in 2024. I won't tell you what it is but I am going to give it a shot.
There you have it, 8 things you can do to build your confidence. Good luck and tell me how it goes.